EXPERT ADVICE: DANIELLE ROLLINS
What advice would you give a start-up blogger on creating and maintaining social media platforms? Be authentic.
What mistakes do you see many bloggers making? Using bad photos, writing from a perspective that is not relatable, or failing to check grammar and spelling.
What trends do you think bloggers and other content creators should be paying attention to? It depends on the type of blog, but I am personally tired of seeing overly styled things, whether it is fashion or food.
How important is networking for a new blogger, and would you recommend attending blogging conferences? I think in the beginning it is very helpful because you learn a lot and it is a great way to meet like-minded supporters!
What piece of invaluable advice did you receive that you would like to pass on to women pursuing their dream? Focus on the goal you want to achieve and just go for it.
Give us your top five tips that would benefit a woman who is starting or growing her business:
- Attend the design conferences, hear the speakers, meet the key players, and keep your head in the game. Stay focused on the results and not just the image.
- Know your industry. Know how your involvement can be influential and find the way to make your skill invaluable.
- Focus on how your service is a benefit providing a solution. If you take care of others, they will take care of you.
- Build brand loyalty through engagement. There is no substitute for doing things yourself.
- Read your comments, and answer them, but do not read them too literally. Ignore the haters. They will come and they are still a number, but you do not have to internalize the negativity.