EXPERT ADVICE: UTE LEUBE
What business book would you recommend to someone who is either about to launch or in the early growth stage? Spiral Dynamics by Don Edward Beck and Christopher Cowan.
What are your thoughts on raising capital? I would avoid it if possible. Outside capital is always hungry and wants to control. Better to stay small and evolve using your own capital.
As entrepreneurs we have so many things pulling at us, where do you recommend women starting out focus their time and energy? Be authentic. Focus on where your energy flows easily and your time is not wasted. Stay with your own truth, follow your inner voice, and don’t do what others want you or expect you to do.
What do you know now that you didn’t know then that could have saved you time, money, and heartache? See the answer to the previous question!
What piece of invaluable advice did you receive that you would like to pass on to women pursuing their dream? Go where your passion is and not where you think the money is.
Give us your top five tips that would benefit an woman who is starting or growing her business:
- Find and define your vision.
- Find partners and employees who share your vision.
- Define guiding principles that guide you and your business through ups and downs.
- Treat your business like an entity with its own needs and desires.
- Think of the benefits your business can give to the world.